1. Understand that you have a limited amount of time available to you. Not a jolly thought – but one that will serve you. Time is precious and you must appreciate that there must be an urgency to your actions. Do the things you know you must. Do these things better than you did yesterday – these incremental changes will bring about exponential growth.
2. Be remarkable – that doesn’t just mean being remarkable to you, it means remarkable to your audience, customers or the people that matter to you. Be remarkable to them. Literally – something someone would make a remark about.
3. Don’t be afraid to be extreme in order to get noticed – people respect certainty. If you have conviction you can be as bold as you want. I would draw the line at going to meetings or family gatherings naked.
4 Being incredible means sailing at the outer edge of conformity, the fastest person in the world gets noticed – so does the fattest. Commit. Go big or go home.
5. Put yourself beyond the good opinion of others. If you spend your life trying to please everyone you will end up pleasing no one – especially yourself. Not everyone is going to admire or appreciate your efforts. They will need to live with that and so will you.
6. Be courageous. Whether you are starting a new school, business or family – you are stepping into the unknown, don’t worry you will thrive and by taking steps beyond those that you have previously tread you will grow as a person. Life is dangerous by default. Crossing the road is dangerous, falling in love is dangerous, having a family is dangerous and changing jobs is dangerous – it’s all dangerous. Life is so dangerous that no one has ever made it out alive! You’re going to be just fine. You are incredible.